I was first introduced to acupuncture following a shoulder surgery, and continued treatment to relieve chronic headaches that no other medical professional had successfully treated. My fascination with acupuncture theory and the success of the treatments made me want to learn more. A lot more. After four years of school, over 3000 training hours, and four board exams, I became a licensed acupuncturist and board certified herbalist. My respect for, confidence in, and fascination with Chinese / Asian Medicine continues to grow, and I continue to further my education and share what I learn with my patients.
I live in Lake Bluff with my husband, Thomas, our dog (Simba) and two cats (Fritz and Otto). In addition to running Apex Acupuncture, I continue to teach an occasional yoga class at Forever Om Yoga in Lake Forest.
I go out of my way to make sure that all questions are thoroughly answered during office visits and am available by email for questions between appointments. I am grateful for the opportunity to get to know my patients and be a part of their health care team. I love the work that I do!
Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions or help you determine if acupuncture, and/or Chinese herbal medicine is right for you.
CREDENTIALS AND DEGREES
NATIONAL CERTIFICATION COMMISSION FOR ACUPUNCTURE AND ORIENTAL MEDICINE (NCCAOM)
- Diplomate of Oriental Medicine
- Diplomate of Acupuncture
- Diplomate of Herbology
MIDWEST COLLEGE OF ORIENTAL MEDICINE
- 3000 hour professional program with approximately 2000 classroom hours and 1000 supervised clinical hours
- Summa Cum Laude Designation
- Master of Science in Oriental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition
SPORTS MEDICINE ACUPUNCTURE® CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
- 238 hour advanced training with Matt Callison
- Certified Sports Medicine Acupuncture® Specialist
THE ACUPUNCTURE SPORTS MEDICINE APPRENTICESHIP CERTIFICATION
- 60 hour apprenticeship with Whitfield Reaves (www.whitfieldreaves.com)
- Certificate of Achievement in Acupuncture Sports Medicine
THE BALANCE METHOD
- 72 hours foundational and advanced coursework with Dr Richard Teh-Fu Tan (www.siyuanbalance.com)
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
- Licensed Acupuncturist (#198.000984)
COUNCIL OF COLLEGES OF ACUPUNCTURE AND ORIENTAL MEDICINE
- Clean Needle Technique
- Registered Yoga Teacher